Seiten

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2017

i made some indian kantha quilts the last time

















dear friends,the last year i made myself some kantha quilts,it is like they make quilts in india,mainly bengal,they have no batting but thousands of quiltstitches all over, if it is very hot outside,they are very useful to cover you in bed because they are 100%cotton and not so thick as a quilt would be.the second ,third and the last one i made of second hand shop fabrics,the thread i used was cotton thread almost like pearlcotton 8 but without "pearl".they are all sewn by hand, have a nice rest of the week,susi

7 Kommentare:

  1. Oh, SUSI, they're wonderful ! Heartful congratulations !
    For long, I've been dreaming of making myself a Khanta quilt, but unfortunately I don't know how to proceed (there must be a backing, I suppose ?), and also I don't know where I could buy that kind of Bengali fabric...

    In stitches,

    NADINE

    PS : due to hackers, my first blog ("Friendship Threads") is now out of use, and I created a new one : "NOTES FROM MY CORNER". If you wishpaying a visit, just click on my logo in this comment, and you will be re-directed :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I like the elephant fabric very much. Is there any batting in the quilts or just the top and backing??

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hallo,
    die Decken sind ja wirklich klasse.
    LG Evi

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. These quilts are great! I started a Kantha quilt but I'm using yarn and it is much harder to pull through all the layers. I'll use much lighter weight thread the next time I do one.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Liebe Susi,
    das sind wunderschöne Stoffe, die du da zu Quilts verarbeitet hast. Eine ganz neue wunderbare Idee!
    Liebe Grüße
    Renate

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...